Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7/13/10 Jameson Distillery

Seeing the seas of green on the plane descent was beautiful enough to overcome the deafening pain in my ears. I was surprised how small the Dublin airport was, but everyone was friendly. After wandering around the city somewhat lost, I eventually found my bearings in St. Stephen's Green. Finding a hostel was easier and cheaper than anticipated. Dropping off my luggage just felt good. I think that when I am more secure with the security of my packing it won't bother me, as I really don't mind the weight. I like my backpack. I barely slept, but at least so far I have full control of my bearings. The directions skills I gained last summer have already helped me immensely in maintaining my bearings. I wandered to what looked like a court area, and a security guard said sternly in an Irish accent that I don't yet completely comprehend, "there's nothing here, Tex." After being puzzled, I realized I was wearing my TEXAS shirt. I kind of feel like I'm out of place everywhere lately; just because I've been smiling all the time. I could say people here look at me funny for it, but I get the same looks I do in Dallas or Chicago. I haven't yet decided how much drinking I should do right away, but while I say that, I also make my first real stop the Jameson Distillery. I've been in my little kid frame of mind, we'll see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment